Mismanaging HOA funds

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jksieve
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

I’m part of a 55+ condo community. I’m very concerned about how the Board, specifically the president/property manager, are managing the HOA funds. (The property manager lives 1,000 miles away but that’s another story.) The landscaping company is awful and does poor work and nobody keeps them accountable. The Board hired the landscaper to thatch portions of the lawn (very much needed) but the landscaper did a terrible job…yet they paid the landscaper $2,300. The landscaper also does the plowing and tore up the grass in areas. The landscaper threw some seed down but it all is weeds now and looks terrible but the Board doesn’t follow up with the landscaper. The President is a bit of a control freak and doesn’t accept suggestions from the condo community which leaves myself and others feeling frustrated. It’s painful to write a check every month for the HOA fee when I question if the money is being used wisely. I was on the Board at one point but no longer as the President only wanted to do things her way.
    Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

profdan_h
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi jksieve,

You can request a copy of your HOA’s financial statements to see if the HOA board really is spending the money correctly. Invoices should be available, too. If you can, ask to inspect the landscaping contract as well. If you feel like the board chose a poor landscaper, bring it up at the next board meeting.

It’s hard when your HOA board is refusing to hear you out. If a lot of homeowners feel this way, you can try to remove the president from their position. Your state laws and governing documents should cover how to do this.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo