HOA BOARD IGNORES MY COMPLAINTS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dolphran
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hello everyone,

I’m really frustrated with my HOA board. I’ve been raising some concerns about the maintenance of common areas and a few safety issues in our community, but it feels like they are ignoring me. I’ve submitted written complaints and even tried speaking at the meetings, but nothing seems to change. Has anyone dealt with a similar situation? What should I do when my HOA board won’t listen to my complaints?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

mrwyeman37
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Sorry to hear you’re going through this. I’ve had a similar experience with my HOA. One thing that worked for me was to rally some of my neighbors who shared the same concerns. There’s strength in numbers, and if multiple homeowners voice the same issue, the board might take it more seriously.

wicked_oz
    Participant
    Up
    Down

That sounds really frustrating. Have you checked your HOA bylaws? There might be a formal process for filing complaints or even escalating them. Sometimes boards need to be reminded that they are accountable to the homeowners. If the bylaws aren’t clear, you might want to consult with a lawyer who specializes in HOA issues.

irvinec
    Participant
    Up
    Down

I agree with wicked_oz – definitely look into your HOA’s governing documents. Additionally, documenting everything is crucial. Keep records of all your communications and any responses (or lack thereof) from the board. If you decide to escalate the issue, having detailed records can be very helpful.

magdagonz
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Another approach you could consider is running for a position on the board yourself or supporting someone who is willing to make the changes you want to see. Sometimes the best way to fix the problem is from the inside. Also, social media or community platforms can be powerful tools to raise awareness among other residents.

dolphran
    Participant
    Up
    Down

Thank you all for your suggestions. I’ll start by reviewing the bylaws and gathering support from my neighbors. I hadn’t thought about the possibility of running for the board, but that’s definitely something to consider. I really appreciate the advice!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo
company logo